The National Career Clusters Framework organizes educational delivery within 16 Career Clusters and 79 Career Pathways. In addition to the National Framework, several different taxonomies and coding systems exist from the Department of Labor, Department of Education, and others involved in career, occupational development, and education. The following resources are crosswalks that have been created to support the linkage or bridging of these different coding systems with the 16 Career Clusters and related Career Pathways to assist in reporting, research, and other applications.
Please Note: The crosswalks available below are provided as a resource service for the CTE community. Because they were not developed by NASDCTEc or the National Career Technical Education Foundation (NCTEF), we will not be able to answer questions about their coding, when they may be updated, or other matters pertaining to these crosswalks. For that you will need to contact the organizations involved with their development.
Perkins IV Crosswalks
- Perkins IV Crosswalks Users' Guide
- Crosswalk Validation Project Executive Summary (August 2012)
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 1, CIP in Pathways
Revised August 2012
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 2, CIP Pathway Career Cluster
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 3, Non Trad Career Cluster Pathway
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 4, ONETs in Pathway
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 5, SOC ONET Non Trad Career Cluster Pathway
Revised August 2012
Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 3, Non Trad CIP Career Cluster
Revised January 2013
NOTE: As part of the Crosswalk Validation project led by NRCCTE and NASDCTEc, select crosswalks were updated and published in August 2012 (Crosswalks 1, 5 and 7). Project staff developed a set of revised Perkins crosswalk tables that connect Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) codes, Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes, Career Clusters, and Career Pathways.