CTE: Making the Difference
CTE is leading positive change in secondary, postsecondary and adult education, with innovative programs that are making a difference nationwide. CTE: Making the Difference is a high-energy 3-minute video highlighting the many ways CTE is working for America by improving high school graduation rates, lowering drop outs rates, and increasing the number of students going on to college.
Spread the Word!
We encourage you to use this powerful video and accompanying resources to help increase awareness, understanding and support for CTE. Here are a few suggestions:
- Use the CTE video as an icebreaker during your presentations. It’s a great way to introduce the subject, focus your audience’s attention, and kick off discussions.
- Share it with your peers, teachers, parents, students, business and industry, and policy makers via e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Feature it on your website, post a link and invite people to learn more.
CTE: Learning that works for America
CTE is working across the nation to enable students of all ages to excel in their schools and colleges, and secure high-demand jobs. This video represents the rich and diverse brand of CTE. It highlights students of a range of talents, backgrounds and ages, and in a mix of industries in which CTE helps student succeed. The 1 minute 30 second video was developed to embody the spirit of our new CTE: Learning that works for America initiative.
Photos courtesy of: Oklahoma Department of CareerTech Education; Virginia CTE Resource Center; Nebraska Department of Education, Career Education; and Missouri Center for Career Education. Special thanks to Craig Moore of SkillsUSA for providing his talented voice for this video.
Let people know that CTE works!
- Share this video with others.
- Post it on your department, school, college, organization or business Web site.
- Use it as an introduction for your presentations.