Upon the release of Reflect, Transform & Lead: A New Vision for Career Technical Education in 2010, Advance CTE released a series of short papers describing each of the five principles.
- Principle 1: CTE is critical to ensuring that the United States leads in global competitiveness.
- Principle 2: CTE actively partners with employers to design and provide high-quality, dynamic programs.
- Principle 3: CTE prepares students to succeed in further education and careers.
- Principle 4: CTE is delivered through comprehensive programs of study aligned to The National Career Clusters® Framework.
- Principle 5: CTE is a results-driven system that demonstrates a positive return on investment.