What is the CTE Virtual Institute?
Advance CTE’s CTE Virtual Institute is a 7-module, web-based survey course designed for audiences that are new to the world of CTE (including state-level practitioners, policymakers, researchers and more). The course explores the history and current state of the field, dispels common myths, and encourages participants to recognize the role they play in supporting a high-quality CTE system. The modules are organized around the key principles in Advance CTE’s Putting Learner Success First: A Shared Vision for the Future of Career Technical Education.
To learn more about the CTE Virtual Institute and to view a calendar for the fall 2017 program, download the course Syllabus here. An info sheet on the CTE Virtual Institute is also available here.
What Do I Get Out of It?
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the history of CTE in the United States and how it came to be what it is today;
- Understand what high-quality CTE looks like, both at the program and systems level and at the secondary and postsecondary level;
- Use data and real-world examples to advocate for high-quality CTE;
- Recognize the role that federal, state and local stakeholders play in strengthening CTE;
- Recognize the role they themselves play in supporting high-quality CTE; and
- Network with other professionals learning about high-quality CTE.
Participants will also have access to Advance CTE staff and other experts and will be added to a CTE Virtual Institute alumni network after completing the program.
How Can I Apply?
Applications for the inaugural fall 2017 Virtual Institute class closed on September 22. All applicants who submitted the form by that deadline will be notified in early October if they have been selected to participate. If you would like to be considered for future opportunities, please fill out the CTE Virtual Institute application form.
Is There a Program Fee?
No! The Virtual Institute is offered at no charge by Advance CTE.