This tool, developed by the Council of Chief State School Officers, Advance CTE and Education Strategy Group, was designed to help states conduct a diagnostic assessment of their current career preparation systems and develop a three-year action plan under the New Skills for Youth initiative.
The tool outlines quality parameters for high-quality career preparation systems aligned with the six key New Skills for Youth objectives:
- Objective 1: Demand Driven and Employer Led Processes
- Objective 2: Rigor and Quality in Career Pathways for ALL
- Objective 3: Career-Focused Accountability Systems
- Objective 4: Scaled Pathways that Culminate in Credentials
- Objective 5: Aligned State and Federal Funding Streams
- Objective 6: Ensure Cross-Institutional Alignment
It can be used state leaders to identify strengths and opportunities for building an effective statewide career preparation system.