To support state efforts under the New Skills for Youth initiative, the Council of Chief State School Officers, Advance CTE and Education Strategy Group developed a framework to lay out the key actions, stakeholders and timeline states need to address in the development of three-year strategic action plans.
This tool can be used in whole or in part to guide state strategies around career preparation. It is based on the six key objectives of the New Skills for Youth initiative:
- Demand Driven and Employer Led Processes
- Rigor and Quality in Career Pathways for All
- Career-focused Accountability Systems
- Scaled Pathways that Culminate in Credentials
- Align State and Federal Funding Streams
- Ensure Cross-institutional Alignment