Putting Learner Success First: A Shared Vision for the Future of CTE – which is supported by 12 national organizations – calls for a re-imagined education system where all learners have access to high-quality experiences that put them on a path to career success. This vision boldly challenges the status quo and calls for a transformation of the education system while also defining CTE’s role in igniting and achieving this goal.
The vision is anchored in five inter-related and equally important principles:
- All Career Technical Education (CTE) programs are held to the highest standards of excellence.
- All learners are empowered to choose a meaningful education and career.
- All learning is personalized and flexible.
- All learning is facilitated by knowledgeable experts.
- All systems work together to put learner success first.
This downloadable tool from Advance CTE draws on the five principles of Putting Learner Success First: A Shared Vision for the Future of CTE to help state leaders reflect on the progress their states have made and where progress is most needed. A Word version of the tool can be downloaded here.