Prior to the Summit, we released a range of resources to support participants as they prepared for the Summit. These resources provided background and information on CTE, and prepared participants for the interactive nature of the three-day event.
- A Roadmap to the Summit to help prepare participants for the event
- A pre-recorded webinar on Advance CTE's current vision for CTE
- Progress reports on the accomplishments and unrealized work laid out in the five principles in Reflect, Transform & Lead: A New Vision for Career Technical Education
- CTE is critical to ensuring that the United States leads in global competitiveness
- CTE actively partners with employers to design and provide high-quality, dynamic programs
- CTE prepares students to succeed in further education and careers
- CTE is delivered through comprehensive programs of study aligned to The National Career Clusters Framework
- CTE is a results-driven system that demonstrates a positive return on investment
- CTE 101, a set of resources, initiatives and research around CTE/career readiness from Summit co-conveners and other organizations
- A pre-Summit survey of particpants, which provided the basis for a brief on the opinions and perspectives on CTE's potential among Summit participants
Insight into the Process
In 2009, Advance CTE (as NASDCTEc) held a similar event, convening our members to identify a new vision for CTE, resulting in Reflect, Transform & Lead. The 2015 Future of CTE Summit is unique in its co-conveners and intentional engagement of a wider array of CTE stakeholders and state and national leaders, but we will use the same visioning and consensus-building process as in 2010. To learn more, you can visit the 2010 Summit website (login required - username: NASDCTEc and password: cc4t3E2!).