To ensure the goals of Putting Learner Success First are met, it is critical that all stakeholders are engaged around sharing and implementing the work of the vision. We encourage you to share the vision with your colleagues in education, policy and the workforce and educate them about the importance of providing high quality Career Technical Education to every learner in America. We've developed some resources to make it easier for you to share this important message at meetings, state-wide conferences, with employers and with your local and state policymakers, and will be adding more resources on a regular basis.
- Tips for sharing Putting Learner Success First
- PowerPoint slides and aligned talking points
- Leave behind fact sheet
- Discussion questions, designed in a worksheet in a Word document, to help state leaders unpack the vision's principles and actions. The questions aim to support state leaders as they reflect on the progress their states have made and where progress is most needed, and can be used internally or to facilitate cross-sector and multi-stakeholder discussions.
Aligned Efforts to Implement the Vision
- This chart highlights shared vision supporters' and other national organizations' existing and planned initiatives that are addressing and advancing the principles and actions of the vision. The chart demonstrates the areas of focus and where gaps still exist. The chart will be updated regularly and contact us with any suggestions of other initiatives. It was last updated in November 2016.
- In November 2016, Advance CTE hosted a webinar on Putting Learner Success First, where a number of partners shared their efforts to help advance this vision.
- The Shared Vision & State CTE Leaders
- The Shared Vision & CTE Educators (with Association for Career and Technical Education)
- The Shared Vision & Industry Leaders (with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation)
- The Shared Vision & Postsecondary Leaders (with National Council of State Directors of Community Colleges)