Advance CTE believes each learner should have access to an innovative CTE ecosystem that prepares them for success in a career of their choice.
To create an innovative CTE ecosystem that is inclusive and effective, Advance CTE seeks to impact federal policy with three key tenets in mind:
- Elevate and emphasize the important role innovative state CTE leadership;
- Ensure that every learner is adequately supported and that all dimensions of equity are attended to; and
- Promoting policies that speak to the full learning continuum, from K-12 all the way to career.
To realize this vision for federal policy, Advance CTE advocates for policies and legislation that increase access to high-quality Career Technical Education (CTE) programs of study. Given CTE connects to education, workforce and economic development initiatives and programs, Advance CTE advocates for aligned systems and federal investments towards this important goal including but not limited to the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act, the Every Student Succeeds Act, the Higher Education Act and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Advance CTE advocates for high-quality CTE programs of study by:
- Monitoring developments in the federal policies and politics that affect CTE and advocating for policies aligned to this agenda on behalf of Advance CTE’s membership;
- Keeping the CTE community informed through communications such as our Legislative Updates; and
- Providing the tools and resources required to present a persuasive case for high-quality CTE and related policies and legislation.
Providing transition priorities for the Administration in order to achieve a full, equitable economic recovery and ensure that every learner has access to high-quality CTE, as well as detailed policy solutions.