The promise of Career Technical Education (CTE) is to provide opportunities for each learner to follow their passion and achieve career goals and future economic success. While high-quality CTE programs of study across the country are delivering positive outcomes for learners, the reality is that not all learners have access to these programs. The Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21 st Century Act (Perkins V) elevated the importance of access and equity and has challenged states and local recipients to prioritize this work to address identified gaps.
This fall, Advance CTE is providing training, resources and support to help state leaders identify and address gaps in access to high-quality CTE. Selected participants will participate in a five-hour virtual workshop in September and access a suite of resources and tools to help them identify CTE opportunity gaps and conduct a root cause analysis and equity planning exercise in their own states. In addition, participants will receive a stipend and ongoing technical assistance to conduct a CTE opportunity gap analysis by the end of the 2021 calendar year. This workshop is offered free of charge with funding from the Joyce Foundation.
Selected participants will:
- Learn how to use a percentage-point gap analysis with CTE enrollment data to identify opportunity gaps
- Learn how to investigate opportunity gaps and identify root causes
- Access practical, evidence-based strategies to address root causes and barriers to access
- Access a suite of tools — including a dashboard template, workbook, facilitation guide, PowerPoint template, and more — as well as funding and support from Advance CTE to conduct a CTE opportunity gap analysis exercise in their own states
The application period is now closed.
Selection criteria include:
- Readiness to implement: Applicant is poised to implement the CTE opportunity gap analysis process in their own state within three months after the training.
- Influence: Applicant is in a position to influence state and local decision making to advance equity in their state.
- Equity mindset: Applicant understands the importance of equity in CTE and is committed to identifying and dismantling barriers to diversity, inclusion and equity.
September 22nd, 2021 11am - 4pm ET
For more information, please contact Austin Estes, firstname.lastname@example.org.