This resource from the Education Commission of the States provides a national comparison of state policies and activities related to secondary Career Technical Education (CTE). A useful resource for those interested in learning about the structure of CTE programs in different states across the country, this resource provides answers to the following questions for each state:
- Which entity houses the State CTE Director?
- How are funds distributed to schools and districts?
- Does the state have a policy for CTE program establishment or approval?
- What Career ClustersⓇ are recognized by the state?
- Does the state have a CTE diploma or CTE diploma designation?
- Does state policy allow students to earn credentials through coursework?
- What are the certification and licensure requirements for CTE teachers?