Put your Career Technical Education campaign into action with our strategy, social media and focus group guides.
Career Technical Education (CTE) Social Media Guide
Based on a guide developed by the Maryland State Department of Education, Advance CTE developed a social media guide explaining how to effectively use social media, integrate the messages into your posts, and highlights effective campaigns.
Focus Group Discussion Guide
- Perception and Messaging of CTE (PDF) (Word): Learn firsthand what parents and students think about Career Technical Education by conducting focus group discussions. This simple, easy-to-follow resource provides you with questions for the moderator, icebreaker activities, and a pre-event homework assignment for attendees. Assessing the community helps to determine the best ways to communicate about CTE.
- Learner Experience and Voice in CTE (PDF): Use these two sets of focus group question, part of Advance CTE’s Learner Voice Toolkit released in 2021, to give current CTE learners the opportunity to describe their experiences in CTE and as well as gather earners’ perspectives on CTE learner voice and engagement activities.
- Printed Material Templates: Use these ready-made templates for brochures, posters, postcards and more to communicate the value of CTE with learners and families.
- Elevating Community Voices to Increase CTE Program Enrollment
- Designing CTE Recruitment Practices to Reach Each Learner
- Research Update: Results of a National Survey on How to Communicate the Value of CTE with Families
Campaign Strategy Guide
Put your CTE campaign into action and download the Campaign Strategy Guide. It provides tips on how to use the Learning that Works for America® campaign and a variety of state and local examples of the campaign in action.