Attendees learned from a panel of state administrators about the paths they took to determine the development of their equity priorities within their Perkins V plans, including funding mechanisms for identified equity gaps, prioritization of specific goals and how the goals are implemented within post-secondary and secondary settings. The Q&A portion of this webinar is transcribed and viewable here. Presenters also discussed their innovative strategies around the work of equity within their states and offer insight into how those strategies pivoted during times of COVID-19. Lastly, attendees learned about available resources and national collaborative partnerships in working with specific hard to reach populations.
– Jeran Culina, Senior Policy Associate, Advance CTE
– Spencer Sherman, Chief for Innovation (Interim), Rhode Island Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
– Chrystal Seeley-Schreck, Associate Vice President, Office of Instructional Services, Wisconsin Technical College System
– Stephanie Glynn, Education Director, Office of Student Success, Office of Student Success, Wisconsin Technical College System
– Christina Dukes, Deputy Director, Partnerships and Policy, National Center for Homeless Education