The National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium (NASDCTEc), in partnership with our co-conveners, invites you to The Future of CTE Summit on October 6-8, 2015!
The Summit will be a three-day, hands-on meeting, facilitated by PwC/Catalyst Collaboration, where invited CTE leaders and stakeholders will brainstorm and begin to lay out a new vision for CTE. The process will culminate in the release of a new vision for the future of CTE in Spring 2016.
Registration closes May 28, 2015 so make sure to Register Today! Cost listed below. Please log in to the website first.
- Association for Career and Technical Education
- Council of Chief State School Officers
- Council of State Governments
- National Association of State Boards of Education
- National Career Technical Education Foundation
- National Council of State Directors of Community Colleges
- National Governors Association
- National Skills Coalition
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Through this process, we will:
- Challenge current beliefs and assumptions about what CTE is – and what it can be
- Build and affirm consensus and commitment to the vision for high-quality CTE across key stakeholders
- Inform the debate with provocative thought leaders
- Prioritize action steps to achieving the vision, including steps taken at the national level by organizations and associations, as well as within and across states
- Catalyze investments toward a common vision, thus accelerating accomplishment of the vision
- Bring visibility to CTE and our internal commitment to quality
See the agenda outline here.
To ensure that the Summit is a highly interactive and engaging consensus-driven process, attendance is limited to 200 participants. Therefore, the Summit is invitation only and will include State CTE Directors and their secondary/postsecondary counterparts; members of the co-convening organizations; and invited thought leaders from national organizations representing CTE, education, workforce development, business and industry, and the philanthropic community. NASDCTEc will ensure that its full membership has multiple opportunities for input into the Vision, as well as have access to Summit-related resource materials.
The Summit will build on Reflect, Transform and Lead: A New Vision for Career Technical Education
, released in 2010 following an earlier vision summit. Since the release of this document, much progress has been made on the five principles, although more work is needed for CTE to meet its full promise. To capture that progress and remaining challenges, NASDCTEc is releasing a series of progress reports prior to the Summit. Find updated resources on our Summit Resources page
TRAVEL AND HOTEL
NASDCTEc has a block of rooms reserved at a discounted rate at the meeting hotel.
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
6000 West Osceola Parkway
Kissimmee, Florida (near Orlando)
Book by September 7, 2015.
For more information on travel and accommodations, see here
Price: $500 with the following meals included:
- Dinner-October 6
- Breakfast-October 7
- Lunch-October 7
- Breakfast-October 8
Registration closes on May 28, 2015, so register today!