April 9, 2019 – Silver Spring, MD – Today, eight Career Technical Education (CTE) programs of study received the Excellence in Action award from Advance CTE. Hailing from seven states, these programs represent the best of CTE, with each providing clear pathways into college and careers, rigorous academic and technical coursework, strong industry partnerships, and effective work-based learning experiences that offer opportunities for career exploration and subject-matter mastery.
Award-winning programs provide learners from diverse communities with the supports to succeed in their education and career of their choice. Advance CTE is pleased to recognize the following award winners in Career Cluster® areas:
● Como Park Senior High School, MN (Business Management & Administration)
● Henderson County High School, KY (Health Science)
● Irving High School, TX (Transportation, Distribution & Logistics)
● Kaukauna High School, WI (Manufacturing)
● Mishicot High School High School, WI (Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources)
● Nashua High School North, NH (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics)
● Questar III BOCES Rensselaer Educational Center (Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security)
● Susan Miller Dorsey High School, CA (Arts, A/V Technology & Communications)
“The programs of study that we are honoring today all share a steadfast commitment to the highest expectations for CTE," said Kimberly Green, Executive Director of Advance CTE. "This dedication to quality and equity ensures each learner has access to opportunities that prepare them for future success in their education and career of their choice. Today's honorees serve as national models of what high-quality CTE looks like and can achieve."
Award recipients were honored at the 2019 Advance CTE Spring Meeting, where administrators, educators and students traveled across the country to be recognized in front of state and national leaders.
Find profiles of each winner here.