2017 was an incredible year for Advance CTE! We engaged more members than ever before, launched multiple initiatives and released over resources covering many of the most critical challenges the field is facing.
This year’s annual report is organized around our five strategic priorities: advancing federal and state policy, promoting high-quality CTE, providing professional learning opportunities, leveraging partners and developing healthy organizational processes. We hope you enjoy reading about our accomplishments, which could not have been possible without all of you and your support!
A few key highlights:
- Advance CTE’s membership grew by nearly 100 new members, largely as a result of expanding our state membership opportunities;
- We worked directly with leaders from 42 states on Advance CTE projects and initiatives;
- Our staff engaged nearly 70 Congressional offices around our federal priorities and successfully advocated against a 15 percent cut to Perkins funding;
- We presented at over 60 live and virtual events, across 25 states and Washington DC;
- We released about 50 resources, including analyses of promising state policies, communications tools and a new policy benchmark tool – all housed in our Learning that Works Resource Center (which enjoyed over 98,000 visitors in 2017!)
Read more here!
Posted by Kate Kreamer, Deputy Executive Director