Advance CTE is excited to share our 2019 Annual Report, highlighting our major priorities and accomplishments of the last year. And what a year it was!
Some highlights from 2019 include:
- We enjoyed our sixth straight year of growth in our membership, with all 50 states, Washington DC and four U.S. territories joining as state-level members.
- We leaned in heavily to support the implementation of the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act (Perkins V), hosting three implementation meetings, coordinating an expert review of 38 states’ draft Perkins plans and providing intensive technical assistance to 12 states.
- 42 states received federal policy technical assistance and engaged in Advance CTE’s congressional advocacy efforts.
- 49 states participated in Advance CTE’s in-person meetings.
- 100 percent of participants said the Perkins implementation meetings met or exceeded the objectives.
- Advance CTE staff presented or provided technical assistance at 91 events or meetings and visited 28 states and Washington, DC.
- Our Twitter followers increased by 24 percent and our website had over 1.8 million page views.
- We were fortunate enough to have 13 grants and contracts from foundation, partners and state agencies.
We are deeply appreciative of our amazing members, partners and funders who make what we do possible and, more importantly, help advance our goal of ensuring each learner has access to a high-quality CTE program that prepares them for the career of their choice. Thank you all!
We look forward to continuing to collaborate with you all in 2020, as we celebrate 100 years of Advance CTE; host the CTE Forward Summit; and continue to prioritize equity, data quality and federal advocacy!
Kate Kreamer, Deputy Executive Director