Last fall, Advance CTE launched the inaugural Career Technical Education (CTE) Virtual Institute, a web-based course designed to help new audiences become experts on CTE. Participants learned about the history of CTE, addressed common myths and recognized the role they play in supporting a high-quality CTE system.
By the end of the course, each participant also designed and delivered an individual project demonstrating and applying lessons learned. Personal projects included:
- Developing brochures for guidance counselors that use research-based messages for recruiting students into CTE programs;
- Publishing a blog post featuring Advance CTE Excellence in Action award winners;
- Developing a curriculum for a 9th grade career exploration course; and
- Submitting conference proposals for a statewide CTE conference.
The CTE Virtual Institute provided the space for professionals to come together and collectively unpack the core components of a high-quality CTE system.
Today, we are excited to announce that we are recruiting a second cohort to participate in the Summer 2018 CTE Virtual Institute. The summer course will begin in mid-July and conclude in early September. New this year, participants will be able to engage directly with the foremost thinkers in the field through a series of “brown bag” calls with CTE experts.
If you are interested in joining, please apply by June 15. Otherwise, consider passing this information along to your network and/or staff. Additional details are provided below.
Join the Summer 2018 CTE Virtual Institute
- Application window: June 4-June 15
- Where to apply: https://careertech.orgcte-virtual-institute
- Who should apply: Individuals new to the world of CTE or with limited backgrounds, including practitioners, policymakers, researchers and more.
- Other details: The course will begin on July 12 and conclude by September 7, 2018. The course will be hosted on Advance CTE’s Moodle site. Click here to view a copy of the course syllabus.
Austin Estes, Senior Policy Associate