Join us for a webinar hosted by NASDCTEc and the Appalachia Regional Comprehensive Center (ARCC) on Thursday, June 25 from 2-3 p.m. ET to explore how West Virginia’s Simulated Workplace is reinventing Career Technical Education (CTE) by bringing the workplace inside the four walls of a CTE classroom for a student-centered simulated experience. Launched in 2013 as a pilot, the Simulated Workplace is poised for statewide implementation in the 2016-17 school year.
This free webinar will discuss the road to implementation — from concept to pilot to statewide enactment — as well as the results and lessons learned along the way. With its demonstrated success and media attention, the Simulated Workplace framework is being picked up by the state’s academic classrooms and even neighboring states.
- Kathy D’Antoni, West Virginia Associate Superintendent, Career and Technical Education
- Doug Sands, Machine Tool Technology Instructor
- Jan Hanlon, Secondary Education Director, Logan County Schools, West Virginia
- Austin Coffey, Student, Industrial Equipment Maintenance Career-Technical Program
- Gary Clay, Business Leader, West Virginia Manufacturing Association
Katie Fitzgerald, Communications Associate