This report from JFF identifies key lessons in developing systems for leadership and governance to scale and sustain regional college and career pathways programs. The report profiles four communities in the Great Lakes Region that are part of the Great Lakes College and Career Pathways Partnership: Central Ohio; Chicago, IL; Rockford, IL; and Madison, WI. Some of the lessons identified were:
- Gain commitment for senior-level leaders across K-12 and postsecondary education, employers, workforce and economic development and the community.
- Ensure strategic representation from across education, workforce development and economic development systems.
- Leverage data for continuous learning and improvement.
- Use consistent messaging to communicate and reach a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Make strong and intentional commitments to focusing on equity and access.