Congratulations to our first-ever Excellence in Action award winners! Out of a large national pool of applicants, our 2014 award winners earned this distinction for their innovative approach to CTE, each exemplifying different elements of high-quality CTE as laid out in Reflect, Transform, Lead: A New Vision for Career Technical Education.
- Architecture and Construction Career Cluster, Tolsia High School Carpentry Program, Fort Gay, WV
- Arts, A/V Technology and Communications Career Cluster, Union County Academy for Performing Arts, Scotch Plains, NJ
- Health Science Career Cluster, Bollman Technical Education Center Medical Sciences Program, Bollman Technical Education Center, Thornton, CO
- Information Technology Career Cluster, Tennessee College of Applied Technology – Shelbyville, Computer Information Technology, Shelbyville, TN
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security Career Cluster, Jack E. Singley School of Law and Public Service, Irving, TX
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Career Cluster, Innovation Academy for Engineering, Environmental, and Marine Science, Foy H. Moody High School, Corpus Christi, TX
These standout programs represent the best CTE has to offer. Advocates are encouraged to use these printable summaries of their success as effective meeting leave-behinds and case-making tools to promote CTE: Learning that works for America!