The National Career Clusters® Framework organizes educational delivery within 16 Career Clusters and 79 Career Pathways. In addition to the National Framework, several different taxonomies and coding systems exist from the Department of Labor, Department of Education, and others involved in career and occupational development and education. The following resources are crosswalks that have been created to support the linkage or bridging of these different coding systems with the 16 Career Clusters and related Career Pathways to assist in reporting, research and other applications.
NOTE: The crosswalks available below are provided as a resource service for the Career Technical Education (CTE) community. Because they were not all developed at the direction of Advance CTE or The Center to Advance CTE, we will not be able to answer questions about their coding, when they may be updated, or other matters pertaining to these crosswalks. For that you will need to contact the organizations involved with their development.
- Perkins IV Crosswalks Users' Guide (This users’ guide describes the materials available from a 2007 project to develop a comprehensive and standardized mapping of CIP codes and O*NET/SOC occupational codes into career clusters and career pathways)
- Crosswalk Validation Project Executive Summary and Final Report (These resources describe the 2012 Crosswalk Validation project and its process for developing a set of crosswalks that connect CIPs, SOCs, Career Clusters and Career Pathways)
Perkins IV Crosswalks
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 1, CIP in Pathways (Revised August 2012)
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 2, CIP Pathway Career Cluster
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 3, Non Trad Career Cluster Pathway
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 4, ONETs in Pathway
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 5, SOC ONET Non Trad Career Cluster Pathway (Revised August 2012)
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 6, Career Cluster Pathway SOC ONET CIP
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 7, Career Cluster Primary Occupation and CIP in Pathway (Revised August 2012)
- Perkins IV Crosswalk Table 3, Non Trad CIP Career Cluster (Revised January 2013)
NOTE: As part of the Crosswalk Validation project led by NRCCTE and Advance CTE, select crosswalks were updated and published in August 2012 (Crosswalks 1, 5 and 7). Project staff developed a set of revised Perkins crosswalk tables that connect Classification of Instructional Program (CIP) codes, Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) codes, Career Clusters, and Career Pathways.