Member Research Requests
Programs of Study Approval Criteria
In February 2019, Advance CTE recieved a question from New Mexico regarding programs of study apporval criteria. Staff compiled the below information in response:
- Research Request Overview: Programs of Study Approval Criteria
- MD: Proccesses and Approval of Locally Developed Programs of Study or Career Pathways
- PA: Career and Technical Education Information System (CATS) Secondary Program Approval Instructions
- PA: Bureau of Career and Technical Education Approved Program Evaluation 2018-19
Teacher Preparation Standards
In January 2019, Advance CTE received a question from Tennessee regarding state CTE teacher preparation standards. Staff compiled the below information in response:
- Research Request Overview: CTE Teacher Preparation
- AZ: Teacher preparation requirements
- NC: Teacher induction
- PA: Staffing policies
In August 2018, Advance CTE received a question from Oklahoma about how states identify and validate industry-recognized credentials. Advance CTE staff compiled the information below in response to this research request:
- Research Request Overview: Credential Validation
- MO: Perkins Technical Assessments and MSIP-5 Industry Recognized Credentials
- NC: Credentials by Course List
- RI: Industry Specific CTE Program Industry Standards Summary Sheet
- SD: State-Approved Industry-Recognized Credentials
- WI: Credential Guidance
Secondary CTE Programs: Teacher Training
In July 2018, Advance CTE compiled information about secondary CTE programs that offer teacher training. Find the compilation and related documents below.
- AZ: Education Professions Standards
- AZ: Education and Training Certification Requirements
- DE: Early Childhood Teacher Academy 3 Credit Program of Study
- DE: Early Childhood Teacher Academy 6 Credit Program of Study
- DE: Early Childhood Teacher Academy Labor Market Information
- DE: K-12 Teacher Academy Labor Market Information
- DE: K-12 Teacher Academy 3 Credit Program of Study
- DE: K-12 Teacher Academy 6 Credit Program of Study
- MD: Teacher Academy of Maryland Teacher Requirements
- MO: Education and Training Introduction
- NC: New Teacher Induction Program
- OK: Education and Training National Standards
- OK: FACS Courses
- OK: Parenting and Child Development Course
- OK: Teaching and Learning in Elementary, Secondary and Adult Education Course
Advanced Placement (AP) Courses and CTE
In June 2018, Advance CTE compiled information about Advance Placement (AP) courses and their integration in state-approved programs of study. Find the compilation below.
Subrecipient Monitoring Handbook or Manual
In March 2018, Advance CTE compiled information about subrecipient monitoring handbooks and manuals. Find the compilation and related documents below.
- Research Request Overview: Subrecipient Monitoring Handbook or Manual
- HI: Implementing Federally Funded Career and Technical Education in Hawai’i
- MA: Coordinated Program Review Procedures
- ME: Risk Assessment Tool
- ME: Federal Grant Managment Handbook: Fiscal Guidance for Federal Grant Programs
- ME: Perkins Review Information
- ME: Cross-Cutting Federal Program Fiscal Monitoring Tool
- ME: Reimbursment Audit
- OK: Carl Perkins Subrecipient Monitoring Process
- OK: Carl Perkins Onsite Monitoring Visit Reviewer Rubric
- PA: Perkins Onsite Compliance Review Selection Process
- PA: Perkins Corrective Action Plan
- PA: Perkins Local Plan Compliance Review
- PA: Process for Perkins Local Plan Onsite Visits
Middle School CTE
In January 2018, Advance CTE compiled information about middle school CTE. Find the compilation and related documents below.
State Level Staffing
In November 2016, Advance CTE conducted an analysis of state staffing. Find the analysis and related documents below.
In July 2016, Advance CTE conducted an analysis about how CTE is governed in other states. Find the analysis and related documents below.
Career Technical Student Organizations Analysis
In February 2016, Advance CTE conducted an analysis of how each state manages CTSOs within their states. Find the analysis and related documents below.
Do you have a research request?
Email Stephanie Perkins, Director for Member Engagement and Professional Learning.